DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this blog is the opinion of the writer alone and does not reflect the views of other people. Furthermore, this blog is not and will never be intended to malign any religion, group, organization, club, company or any individual. Please also be informed that the views or opinions expressed are solely intended for personal use and not to provide legal advice. Comments are very much welcome as you have your right to freedom of speech. You may agree or even disagree with the writer but do not forget that your right is not absolute and so the writer reserves the right to delete any comment for valid and just reasons.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My First Run for 2013

COLOR MANILA NITE RUN

I've never tried joining a marathon, fun run or even a fun walk. LOL! I know right! I'm just too lazy and instead of sweating, I prefer staying at home and doing my favorite hobby -> sleeping. Haha! Fortunately, I have a goal for this year and to achieve that, I must indulge myself into the habit of going to the gym or even running so I can lose weight. Surprisingly, I am not that lazy anymore (not all the time actually. LOL). Last February 23, 2013 (Saturday) was my first run for this year and I decided to register under 5k. I am normal enough to start from the basic. However, I am quite doubtful and scared if I'll be able to make it on March 17. Guess what, I registered under 21k! OH NOOOOOO!!! But whatever may happen, I must survive and I know that I can do it. If others can, so must I. Anyway, back to Color Manila Nite Run. I had fun running and saw several celebrities and friends. I also met NEW friends because of this run. However, a part of me is quite disappointed because the kind of run that I am expecting did not happen. Why? The place is too crowded to the point that even if you wanted to run, all you can do is walk. After the run, I received a medal. A BIG MEDAL! I actually felt fulfilled because of that medal. Haha! You can see the photo of the medal below. 


What made my night is the party prepared after the run. The lights, fireworks and the music turned me into a party animal again. LOL! Most (if not all) of the runners are going gaga over the music played by that "macho gwapito DJ" or "yummy DJ". Whaaaaaat?!!!! Haha! 


Moreover, there are booths where the runners can get some freebies. However, there are very looooooong lines so I decided not to try every booth and instead visited just one booth. Though many of the runners are quite disappointed with the flow of the program and because their expectations were not met, I can still say that I had a sweaty but fun-filled run. This is my first step in reaching my goal for this year. I can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment