DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this blog is the opinion of the writer alone and does not reflect the views of other people. Furthermore, this blog is not and will never be intended to malign any religion, group, organization, club, company or any individual. Please also be informed that the views or opinions expressed are solely intended for personal use and not to provide legal advice. Comments are very much welcome as you have your right to freedom of speech. You may agree or even disagree with the writer but do not forget that your right is not absolute and so the writer reserves the right to delete any comment for valid and just reasons.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Visita Iglesia 2017

Visita Iglesia is not really my thing but this year, I decided to do it. I know I needed this one to help me think and realize things. I must say that it really felt so good, finding peace in my soul especially in times of sorrow and pain. So as promised, I will be sharing my #dudayventures here from now on. Feel free to read my adventures. The following are the churches that I visited. Be ready to fall in love with the churches. 

1. PADRE PIO NATIONAL SHRINE
The Parish of St. Padre Pio in San Pedro, Sto. Tomas, Batangas was initially established at the chapel of Barangay San Pedro on June 28, 2003. 


LOCATION: Sto. Tomas, Batangas

2. OUR LADY OF THE PILLAR PARISH
- This parish was built in 1815. Its titular is the Our Lady of the Pillar and its feast day is celebrated every October 12.



 LOCATION: Alaminos, Laguna

3. ST. PAUL THE FIRST HERMIT CATHEDRAL
- The Cathedral Parish of Saint Paul the First Hermit is also known as the San Pablo Cathedral. It's patron is St. Paul the First Hermit and its feast day is celebrated every January 15. However, upon visiting the church, its belfry is under construction.


LOCATION: San Pablo, Laguna

4. SAN BARTOLOME APOSTOL PARISH CHURCH
- It is a Roman Catholic church in Nagcarlan, Laguna, Philippines. Its titular is St. Bartholomew and its feast day is celebrated every August 24. 


LOCATION: Nagcarlan, Laguna

5. ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH
St. John the Baptist Parish Church, also known as Liliw Church or Lilio Church, is one of the Roman Catholic churches in Liliw, Laguna, Philippines. Its feast is celebrated every August 29 known as the Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist.




LOCATION: Liliw, Laguna

6. ST. GREGORY THE GREAT PARISH 
The San Gregorio Magno Parish Church, also known as Majayjay Church and St. Gregory the Great Parish Church, is one of the oldest Roman Catholic churches in the Philippines located in the municipality of Majayjay in Laguna.



LOCATION: Majayjay, Laguna

7. ST. MARY MAGDALENE PARISH 
The Santa Maria Magdalena Parish Church is a Roman Catholic church in Magdalena, Laguna, Philippines under the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Pablo.



LOCATION: Magdalena, Laguna

8. TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD PARISH
The Transfiguration of Our Lord Parish Church is the only Roman Catholic church in Cavinti, Laguna, Philippines. Its titular patron is SeƱor del Trasfiguracion or commonly known as El Salvador del Mundo whose feast day is celebrated every August 6.



LOCATION: Cavinti, Laguna

So there, I was only able to visit 8 churches and it was very tiring but FUN! Don't forget your 3 wishes for every church (only if it's your first time there). However, the highlight of my Visita Iglesia is this one place that I've been longing to visit ever since I saw a documentary about it. Clue: this is not a church but this place is very historical. I'm talking about.....................................


NAGCARLAN UNDERGROUND CEMETERY! Yeeeeeees! The view will leave you speechless. It's amazing how people before were able to come up with this concept. It was built in 1845 as a public burial site and its underground crypt exclusively for Spanish friars, prominent town citizens and members of elite Catholic families. It also served as a meeting place of revolutionary leaders of the Katipunan in 1896. Moreover, it served as hideout for Filipino leaders during the Philippine-American War and of guerillas in World War II. Below are more photos of the place. Enjoy viewing!








And that sums up my Visita Iglesia 2017. I never knew that it would be fun. Different churches, different history, different meanings, different structures but they got one thing in common -> they bring you closer to God. Indeed, it is a place where you can talk to God. After the Visita Iglesia, I can say that I feel better. I finally realized the purpose of the pain that I am experiencing. I didn't know that I just need to talk to him and feel his presence to overcome this pain. Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Dei! 

No comments:

Post a Comment